July 19, 2010

30 DAY CHALLENGE: DAY 8

Day 8 of my 30 DAY CHALLENGE, something that makes me angry or sad.

This just rocks my world!




Watoto is an holistic care program, founded by Gary and Marilyn Skinner, that was initiated as a response to the overwhelming number of orphaned children and vulnerable women in Uganda, whose lives have been ravaged by war and disease. (sited: Watoto/About us)

I was introduced to this cause by my friend Jenni, who also heads the missions ministry at my church. In the process of adopting her own baby (originally from Uganda, but now from Ethiopia), God just broke her heart for the devastated lives children of third world nations have to endure. Through her fierce determination, a group of us were to go to Uganda in August. Unfortunately, we were unable to make it due to the fact that our church burnt down. ... LOL! (not as bad as it sounds) and there is always next year!!

Check out more about Watoto here. The site was updated recently and is super neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...