July 5, 2010

30 DAY CHALLENGE: DAY 1

So, today's the day ...

Day 1 of  LET'S GET PERSONAL: 30 DAY CHALLENGE - my favorite song

This is really difficult because there are so many amazing songs out there ... both past and present!! Songs tell a story through lyrics and musical phrasing, evoking a response that is reflective of your present mood. To pick just one would only define what present state of mind I'm in at that time.

So, to stay true to myself, I'll have to go back to the days of my youth ... not that I'm old, but a more care-free, no responsibility, still trying to figure out who I am day (a.k.a: high-school). That when I hear it, it still brings me to a place were I want to take off my shoes and dance around like the dirty (wannabee) hippie I used to be - LOL

LA Women, by The Doors

I just have to say, Jim Morrison was an amazing lyricist and poet. Through his songs and introspective ramblings during concerts, he took you on the journey of his tortured psyche. We can all relate in one form or another!

An ode to Mr Mojo Rising

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...